Emerald Performance Materials, LLC produces and markets technologically advanced specialty chemicals for a broad range of food and industrial applications. Its products play a variety of roles in the products that are consumed and used every day, enabling them to last longer, look, smell, and taste or perform better. Emerald products are used in aerospace, food, beverages, cosmetics, toothpaste, household products, paint, tires, automobiles, sports gear and many other applications.
Emerald Kalama Chemical (EKC) is a division of Emerald Performance Materials with plant locations in Kalama, Washington, Widness, UK and Rotterdam, The Netherlands. EKC is a leading producer of non-phthalate plasticizers, preservatives, flavor & fragrance ingredients and Benzoates & Intermediates.
Producing from the world’s two largest toluene oxidation facilities, EKC serves a blue-chip customer base including the large beverage makers and fragrance houses, as well as flooring and adhesive producers. The Division is exceptionally well-positioned to capitalize on growing demand for non-phthalate plasticizers.
Functie omschrijving Site Director
The Site Director is responsible to develop the manufacturing strategy for the Site as part of the global strategy of EKC, and to execute the agreed strategy, in order to create/maintain a leadership position in cost/ton, quality and HSSE, by directing and leading the Site organization.
The Site Director:
- Contributes to the global Manufacturing strategy and policy
- Defines the Manufacturing Plan in accordance with agreed operational and strategic goals of the Company.
- Ensures that the management system (including HSSE) is in place, maintained, communicated and
- Defines budget for the Site and allocate resources and spending within approved budget.
- Manages Site Operations in line with Manufacturing Plans and ensure the installations are managed in a
technically sound, safe and environmentally acceptable manner, by complying with all requirements and
- Sets targets and KPI’s and ensure adequate management reporting of the performance of the site.
- Continually analyzes site performance, and continually optimize and improve.
- Selects, manages, coaches and develops staff, in line with EKC values, competencies, HR-requirements and
- Represents local EKC entity to internal and external parties.
- Is accountable for site operations, with all aspects like infrastructures, contracts with contractors and
suppliers, in close cooperation with global functions.
- Is chairman of the works council, responsible for the site collective labor conditions (CAO) and managing
worker relations and social context.
- Contacts person for all authority affairs and negotiator for permits and regulations.
- Plant representative in public hearings and Plant representative in the area industry federation Deltalinqs.
- Is responsible for the complete business of the site in which the values of food-safety (HACCP and FamiQS)
are taken in consideration.
Functie eisen Site Director
- Master Degree in Chemical Engineering and/or MBA.
- Required level of experiences
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Experience in Operations Management.
- Good understanding of the basic technology of the plant.
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Experience in implementing change (Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma) is a preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of HSSE related subjects.
- Strong affinity with operational dynamics.
- Proven people skills including coaching.
- Experience in an international environment.
- Proven leadership and management experience >10 years in manufacturing within the Chemical Industry.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully creating cultural and operational change.
- Relentless drive for continuous improvement.
A successful candidate is:
- A strong teamplayer towards both his internal site team and the international teams.
- Is flexible, eager to learn and drives for continuous improvement and results.
- Is able to balance the needs from the business with manufacturing operations.
Arbeidsvoorwaarden Site Director