International Nutritionist Aqua
De Heus Animal Nutrition is a family owned, global feed company, with its head office in Ede, the Netherlands. It has built a successful position in the animal feed industry, producing yearly more than 7 million tons of complete feeds, premixes and concentrates for farm animals. The company has business units in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. For fish and shrimp feeds we are currently focusing on our business in Asia, Africa and Middle East. And for nutrition, product management and product development, we support these businesses from our global nutrition group, based in Ede, The Netherlands.
For our fast growing and developing aqua business, we are looking for an International Nutritionist Aqua who can help us to sustain and further extend our success.
As an International Nutritionist Aqua you are responsible for providing nutritional support to our business units. Your goal is to improve technical and economical results of our customers, i.e. our farmers. And your focus will be on nutrition. Together with our researchers you develop and apply new concepts and feed programs suitable for local markets in order to create an outperforming range of feed products and services for our business units and our customers.
Next to the nutritional advice, you support the commercial departments in our business units by counselling, informing and training them. Next to this, you give advice on product development, competitive developments and customer needs. You maintain your network contacts in breeding organizations, nutritional suppliers and primary industry.
• Master’s Degree in Animal Nutrition or related field with a specific focus on aquaculture and/or fish nutrition or gained by experience.
• A strong preference for at least 5 years’ relevant work experience in animal or aquaculture nutrition or a related field within aquaculture.
• An innovative mindset and drive to develop and maintain an optimal feed portfolio.
• Candidates can be characterized as: communicator, expert, trainer, resourceful.
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
• Experience with different cultures and proven success working with people from various backgrounds has a preference.
• Candidates must be fluent in English, preferably also Dutch.
• Willingness to travel internationally frequently: at least 25% of the time.
You will work in a challenging, international work environment with enthusiastic colleagues, where there is plenty of room for entrepreneurship and initiative. De Heus offers you a full-time employment within a no-nonsense corporate culture with short lines and quick decision making. They help you with your personal and professional development in your career. You receive a market-compliant employment conditions package based on your education and work experience.