General Manager North East Europe
Kawneer Netherlands B.V. designs, develops and sells aluminum systems for windows, doors, sliding doors, conservatories and facades. A wide range in design, color and surface treatments offer a large degree of freedom. The Harderwijk location contains a state of the art distribution center with manufacturing capabilities and serves the market in Benelux and DACH countries.
Kawneer North East Europe is part of the Building & Construction systems (BCS) business unit within Arconic.
Arconic is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing. Arconic innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world. Our technologies enhance transportation, from automotive and commercial transport to air and space travel and improve industrial and consumer electronics products. We enable smart buildings, sustainable food and beverage packaging, high performance defense vehicles across air, land and sea, deeper oil and gas drilling and more efficient power generation. We pioneered the aluminum industry over 125 years ago, and today, our 59,000 people in 30 countries deliver value-add products made of titanium, nickel and aluminum, and produce best-in-class bauxite, alumina and primary aluminum products.
Arconic has a strong presence in Europe. Its extensive European network of production and commercial facilities combined with global resources provides customers with leading-edge technology, expertise and integrated solutions for a wide range of products.
About Kawneer Building & Construction Systems (BCS)
The BCS Business Unit of Arconic is the worldwide leader in the area of aluminum products for the building and construction market. As a designer, advisor and supplier of aluminum profile systems for windows, doors and curtain walls, the Dutch Kawneer Business Unit promotes the use of aluminum in architecture.
Kawneer Nederland B.V. has been established in Harderwijk since 1960. We have strong roots in the Netherlands with a market leading position, but we are also an important part of a US-based multinational company. This gives another dimension to working within our organization. Kawneer Nederland B.V. has about 140 employees in the Netherlands and the Business Unit 600 in Europe. Customer focus is the starting point within our organization. We aim for high Quality and reliable delivery. That means ‘’we say what we do and we do what we say’’.
Kawneer Netherlands B.V. is looking for a strong General Manager North East Europe for the Harderwijk facility. The candidate we are looking for has the following leadership management behavioral competences: Demonstrated experience in managing, developing and motivating people. Ability to get a management team and different functional areas in concert and stimulate a collaborative environment in which different departments and individuals move towards the realization of company objectives. The ability to think strategically: has a vision on the future of the organization and is able to communicate the vision and the values of the company. Capable of translating the strategy into a workable plan and strong at following up on agreed actions while taking corrective actions when required.
Functional competencies - Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- University Business Degree or Engineering Degree (with MBA is an asset)
- Market-oriented and entrepreneurial – relationship manager
- You have a minimum of 15 years working experience and 5-7 years proven experience in International (US & European) General Management
- Strong conceptual and presentation skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Keen eye for processes and presentation, strong in translating high level strategies and plans to operational execution
- You are positive, high paced, energetic, structured, determined, and a team player
- Excellent communication skills in English & Dutch, both written and verbal (German language an asset)
- Willing to travel one or two times per month (on average) to other Kawneer sites
- Preferably knowledge of and network in the construction world (additional in Germany is pre)
- Experience in a leadership role in the secondary building industry, preferably with exposure to aluminum systems, accessories to windows and doors or the glass industry
- Strong knowledge of the regional building and renovation markets. Product oriented exposure to project business is an asset
- Able to enter into challenging negotiations with customers, suppliers
- Continue our current growth strategy
- Fit to the company and then to the role
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence: the ability to build relationship with a diversity of people, including key decision makers, combined with the charisma to unite the team and to create a dynamic atmosphere
- Intelligent and analytical: rational, facts and figures driven, able to capture, analyze and synthesize information, able to solve problems and think out of the box
- Learning agility, pragmatic and no nonsense
- High degree of integrity and ethical standards; EHS oriented
- Skilled at planning and organization
- Flexible, adaptable and easy to work with; fostering team work
- Embedded values: Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Result oriented, Excellence, Respect, Cooperation, Diversity and Openness
Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere…
We win when our customers win – we innovate, deliver, and operate as a world class organization We excel through our high performance teams – safely, with respect and integrity
- Competitive salary incl. excellent package
- Full-time job